Early Years Pupil Premium
What is Early Years Pupil Premium?
It is additional Government funding to enhance your 3 and 4 year old’s education.
Your child’s early education provision preschool, nursery or childminder – could receive up to £300 a year for your child to support their individual learning if they are eligible.
Is my child eligible?
You may apply for Early Years Pupil Premium if your child is ages 3 or 4 years old, is receiving free early years education hours at a nursery, and you are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Job Seekers’ Allowance (Income-based)
- Employment & Support Allowance (Income-related)
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of the State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit based on an annual gross of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit
Or your child has been:
- Looked after by the Local Authority for at least one day
- Has been adopted from care
- Has left care through special guardianship
- Subject to a child arrangement order
How does it help my child?
Your nursery, will work in partnership with you to carefully consider the learning and development needs of your child and use the additional funding to support them with the following areas:
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
When Ofsted inspect your nursery, they will check to see that the Early Years Pupil Premium additional funding is helping your child to learn and develop and get ready for school.
How do I apply?
Parents can apply for the funding by completing the registration form at the childcare setting. This gives your childcare provider consent to upload your details via a secure web based system to the Local Authority, who will then complete a check. This is done at the same time as the nursery or child-minder applies for your child’s early education funding.