Early Years Pupil Premium
What is Early Years Pupil Premium?
It is additional Government funding to enhance your 3 and 4 year old’s education.
Your child’s early education provision preschool, nursery or childminder – could receive up to £300 a year for your child to support their individual learning if they are eligible.
Is my child eligible?
You may apply for Early Years Pupil Premium if your child is ages 3 or 4 years old, is receiving free early years education hours at a nursery, and you are in receipt of one or more of the qualifying benefits:
- Universal Creidt
- Income Support
- Income-related Employment & Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- The guaranteed part of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and havfe an annual gross income of no more than £28,200, as assessed by the Inland Revenue)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Children who are or who have been looked after by the Local Authority are also eligible.
How does it help my child?
Your nursery, will work in partnership with you to carefully consider the learning and development needs of your child and use the additional funding to support them with the following areas:
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
When Ofsted inspect your nursery, they will check to see that the Early Years Pupil Premium additional funding is helping your child to learn and develop and get ready for school.
How do I apply?
To apply for Early Years Pupil Premium please click on the following link https://www.wigan.gov.uk/Resident/Benefit-Grants/Free-school-meals.aspx