Early Birds and Night Owls
- Early Birds and Night Owls is an out of school club providing quality before and after school care for the children of Wood Fold Primary School in a safe, caring and stimulating environment.
- We are Ofsted inspected, gaining another excellent report in October 2014 and are registered to take all school age children with a maximum of 60 children under the age of 8 years per session.
- Early Birds and Night Owls have successfully completed the ‘Healthy Business Award’ in April 2011 and have been awarded an Environmental Health grade of 5 which is the highest award achievable, for our kitchen services.
- All staff work closely with school staff in order to deliver the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage).
- Our staff are highly trained and experienced in play work with DBS clearance.
- Our staff ratio complies with the guidelines of a ratio of 1:8 for children over 3 years of age.
- The cost of each session is £4.00, payable one month in advance as per the contract.
- Sessions must be paid for even if the child does not attend for any reason.
- We operate a waiting list system.
- We invite outside organisations in to our club to give the children exciting new opportunities and experiences.
- Holiday care is available for children aged 4-12 years for all the community.
- Our children have a say in resources and activities so they can get the best out of the club.
- Early Birds and Night Owls promote positive behaviour and recognition of achievement by presenting ‘Shining Star’ awards to the children where children are given a certificate to celebrate their achievement.
- A healthy breakfast is provided for children attending Early Birds, e.g. a choice of cereals and fresh fruit; toast, crumpets or fruit tea cakes; hot chocolate, juices, milk. A healthy snack is provided for those attending Night Owls, e.g. sandwiches/wraps, beans or spaghetti on toast, salad, fresh fruit, juices, milk. (Special dietary needs will be catered for.)
Early Birds session times:
7:30am – 8:45am every morning (when school begins).
A healthy breakfast is provided for the children. e.g.
- Choice of cereals, porridge and fresh fruit.
- Toast, crumpets, fruit tea cakes.
- Hot chocolate, juices, fresh fruit smoothies and milk
Night Owls session times:
Session 1 3:15pm – 4:30pm
Session 2 4:30pm – 5:30pm
A healthy snack is provided e.g.
- Sandwiches, filled wraps, beans/spaghetti on toast, salad, fresh fruit, juices, milk. (Special dietary needs will be catered for)
If you require a place at Early Birds and Night Owls, please either contact Mrs Riding on 01257 400271, or e-mail email@example.com
If your child currently attends Early Birds and Night Owls and you need to speak to a member of staff during club hours, please dial 01257 400868